Mend-A-Friend only collects personal information that you choose to give us, for example your stories and email address, as well as collecting information about our users browsing activities.
We will not attempt to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
We only use your personal information for the purposes for which you gave it to us, (for example, we may upload your submitted personal story to the website).
The following information applies to a story submitted by a website user to mend-a-friend.com
- Any names and any identifying information will be removed before it is displayed on the Mend-A-Friend website.
- In such instances where the story itself may lead to recognition of the participant or other parties mentioned in the stories, the story will be modified to avoid recognition before it is displayed on the mend-a-friend.com
- The participant’s story will not be used for any other purpose than the Mend-A-Friend publications (including website, marketing, promotional activities or other activities related to the project), unless a specific request is made to the participant and they are in full agreement with the alternative usage of their story.
- Submission of a story to mend-a-friend.com implies consent for the story to be used for the above purposes.
- Mend-A-Friend reserves the right to exclude stories in their entirety from the website or to modify the length of stories.
- Mend-A-Friend will not share your email address with other organisations without your permission.
We analyse non-identifiable website traffic data to improve our services. We only gather anonymous website usage data to help us improve the structure and functionality of Mend-A-Friend. You can change your web browser settings to reject cookies or to prompt you each time a website wishes to add a cookie to your browser. In spite of our efforts to reduce the impact, some functionality on the website may be affected by this.
This website is bound by the Information privacy principles of the Privacy Act 1988.
How to contact us
Contact us about any of your privacy concerns or to suggest further improvements to this website.