Study Issues

Topics in this section

Issues with a Lecturer / Tutor

A visit to the course co-ordinator, year co-ordinator etc or a trusted staff member is probably the best place to start. Offer to accompany your friend for this discussion. Sometimes there is no appropriate staff member to talk to. ¬†Help you friend to locate the right person to speak to in student services/student care services etc (most tertiary institutions will have such services). These services can be very helpful as they can advocate on your friend’s behalf. These advocates are employed to help students deal with the tertiary organisation and any problems that arise. They have a good understanding of the processes and procedures to make things change.