Thanks for using the Mobile version of mend-a-friend.com. We hope you’ll find it fairly easy to use, but just in case, we’ve listed some pointers below.
To return to the Home Page, simply tap the Mend-A-Friend icon to the top-left of your screen.
Navigating the mobile site
Tap ‘Main Menu’ to the top-right of your screen to see a list of the pages and topics available to view. While navigating the mobile site, the menu will automatically expand to show the currently viewed page.
If you want to remain on the current page, simply tap ‘Main Menu’ again to hide the menu.
Adding this site to your phone’s Home Screen
You can view the mobile version of mend-a-friend.com any time you choose, but the best way to experience it is to add it to your home screen, for 1-touch access.
See how you can do this below:
I have an iPhone/iPod touch
- Once the mobile site has loaded, press the + button along the bottom of the browser, and select the option “Add to Home Screen”.
- Save the shortcut.
- A handy Mend-A-Friend icon will now appear on your Home Screen. Tapping this icon will launch the Mend-A-Friend web-app.
I have an Android phone
- From your browser, add the Mend-A-Friend site to your bookmarks.
- Return to your Home Screen
- Long-press (press and hold) in an empty space where you want the shortcut to appear.
- Select “Add to Home Screen”
- Select “Shortcuts”, then “Bookmarks”, and select the bookmark you made before
- A handy Mend-A-Friend icon will now appear on your Home Screen. Tapping this icon will launch the site in your default mobile browser.